Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Technology - 1 ; Scott - 0

Technology and rednecks just weren't meant to go together! Scott had to go to Houma today and couldn't get a flight back home so he decided to drive over instead. In the past he would have driven his truck over and just expensed the trip back to the company - yes, we do get the money back but not until the next pay check. This just completely blows my budget for the current pay period - the gas portion of the budget at least. The last time he had to go over there one of the other guys had rented a car and driven - this way everything is put on the Amex and doesn't come out of our pockets - so since he couldn't get a flight back he decided to just rent a car and drive. Hertz will deliver the car to the office for them so you don't even have to go pick the thing up or take it back.

The rest of the story is as told by Scott to me - yes the fool actually called to fess up to his incredibly "blonde" moment.



Yesterday morning he rode the van pool in as always since the car was going to be delivered to the office and he could just drive it home. After the lady from the rental place left he looked at the keys and noticed that there was only a "clicker".




Have you seen the VW keys? It folds up into the clicker - so Scott figured that this must be the same type thing. He started to inspect the clicker looking for how you made the key appear and found a little black latch on the back and pushed it and out popped a key - okay the key didn't actually pop out, it separated from the clicker itself. Scott then thought to himself what a stupid design, how am I supposed to keep up with the clicker if it isn't attached to the key?


When it was time to go home he went to his rental car, used to clicker to unlock the doors, and then separated the key from the clicker to put in the ignition- guess what, he couldn't find a place to put the key! He said that he looked all over the steering column and the dash and couldn't find anywhere that key was supposed to go - about that time he noticed the button that read "start/stop"!



All I could do was laugh hysterically as he told me about his encounter with modern technology - he watches way more TV that I do and even I know that a lot of the new cars have the push button starts - they show it right there on the commercial - guess he doesn't pay attention to those. When I told him that I knew what I was going to blog about for the day he informed me that I was not allowed to use his name - as if it would have been real difficult to have figured out who rented a car - you only have a choice of 2 people here and I certainly wouldn't have fessed up to having a blonde moment like this! Besides I told him that he was fair game and that I don't change names to protect the stupid!


On a side note he called me this morning to tell me that he owes a "pay it forward" - I asked him why and he said he had gotten pulled over just outside of Vidor doing 97 - yes, I said 97! I asked him what the hell he was thinking going that fast and he gave a typical "male" answer - there had been a traffic jam and once he got through it he was cutting around people trying to get back into the "lead of the pack" and the next thing he knew he was being pulled over by an unmarked truck. Obviously he doesn't believe in my dad's philosophy of "always be a leader sheep because if you're a follower sheep you step in all of the sheep dung - except when it comes to speeding, then it's okay to be a follower sheep"!The guy didn't give him a ticket because he had to go to another call so he let him go with just an ass chewing. Needless to say he is on his way home now and has the cruise control set so as to not get pulled over - what a bonehead!


No comments: