Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dropping Like Flies


Well, we did manage to survive the double header last night, although only one of us is fully intact - luckily that someone is me! Scott mentioned during the game last night that while he was running he did something to his foot and felt a "snapping" or "cracking" - now when he mentioned this I thought "I hope he hasn't broken his foot", but I didn't dare mention that because I didn't want to put any thoughts in his head (Scott has got to be beyond the WORST patient I have ever seen)! So after his shower, when the Icy Hot rubdown began, he not only rubbed down his quads, but also his foot - just in case. This morning I opened my eyes just in time to see him hobbling out of the bathroom headed for work - I asked him why he was hobbling and he informed me that he believes he may have broken his foot! He reports that it "hurts like hell" and that he can't put weight on it - great! Now let me just say that this boy can whine like no other from a common cold (although from what my friends say about their husbands this is just a Y chromosome characteristic) - I can't even begin to fathom the amount of whining that will come along with a broken foot! I am proud to report that I didn't use any Icy Hot this week - although I did use some Biofreeze while in the dugout! The pain has definitely gotten much better with every passing week, even Scott has to agree with that - I guess our poor muscles are becoming accustomed to taking a beating on a weekly basis! We won the first game, 12 - 3, but lost the second one, 11-7. Our manager sends out an email recap about the games in which he gives a "virtual game ball" to the person most deserving from that game - this morning I called to tell them about Scott's foot and he said that if Scott played on a broken foot then he definitely gets the game ball! So here's to you babe - your very own "virtual game ball"!

No comments: