Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Softball - 2 ; Scott & Shannon - 0



Tonight we had our second softball game - which I will throw in that we WON, AGAIN! I couldn't even start to tell you what the final score was as I was in FAR too much pain at that point - I do know that it was by 1 run though - another real nail biter by the Sliders! I thought I had done sooooo good tonight because I ACTUALLY stretched - I never stretch when I workout and it always works out just fine - but since I had killed that muscle in the last game and again at practice on Sunday I thought maybe I should consider stretching - so stretch I did. Everything was all fine and dandy all through the game - no pain at all - and then on my last at bat (which we were needing to get a run in to win) I hit the ball and took off running and then kicked it into high gear to make it safely to the bag - that last part was my BIG mistake! Immediately I felt the same pesky quad muscle start to scream - only this time the screaming was coming from BOTH legs!!!! OMG I would like to die! They actually put a pinch runner in for me because I could hardly move - thank you Maxine! I went back into the dugout and sat on the bench and couldn't even speak the pain was so bad - just burning like I have never felt before - I feel confident that my beaver didn't burn like this as a child was exiting it! Then again, maybe it did and I just didn't notice it - there is a reason I had an epidural! I was sitting there doing some Lamaze type breathing trying to "blow away the pain" - all I was going to do was make myself hyperventilate! The inning before Scott was running for 1st and did the same thing - he was also pulled and had a pinch runner put in for him. At the time I was telling him it was karma coming back to bite him in the ass for laughing at me the previous week and for calling on his way home tonight to see if he needed to go into CVS to get ME some muscle soak or other remedies - smart ass! Fortunately we got a runner in so it was all over but the screaming - literally! We packed up our toys and headed home to once again bathe ourselves in Icy Hot - my nostrils are currently burning as Scott is sitting here next to me rubbing himself down. Fortunately I still have some of the mega strength Motrin from when Maisie was born - unfortunately I never had the narcotic prescription filled - damn it man! Like fools we will head into the trenches again next week and do it all over again - maybe I will try getting liquored up before hand - that way I won't feel the muscle burn and hey you never know it could improve my game - my bowling gets better the more I drink so maybe this is the same! Tomorrow is our filed trip to the zoo - we told Hunter that he may have to push us in wheelchairs because we may not be able to walk on our own by morning!



I opted for the bag of peas and carrots to soothe my muscles when we first got home - Scott opted for a package of frozen deer sausage - bet our guests will think twice before eating at our house again!

No comments: