Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Water Balloon War Zone





My niece has been here since Thursday - we picked her up on the way to the zoo. Needless to say 2 days of non-stop playing and 2 nights of staying up too late have taken their toll - the whining this morning was enough to make me consider following my coffee with a beer chaser! After I threatened to load Bryce into the car first thing and take her home they decided they would cool their jets and get along after all. Unfortunately the bucket pool didn't open until 1:00 today - I guess there was a swim meet or something so that was not an option for entertainment. So on that note I figured I would give them another way to channel their anger for one another - I filled up a cooler FULL of water balloons! Nothing like a good water balloon fight to relieve your frustrations! They stood out on the porch and watched as I filled up what seemed to be a million water balloons, picking them up and pretending they were different things - there was a blue one that resembled Squidward's nose, so Hunter was walking around pretending to be Squidward. Little did I know that not only was I giving them a creative way to channel their frustrations, but also an outlet to use their imaginations for some good old fashioned imaginary play! They had a blast with the water balloon fight - it was funny to watch them because they were taking turns pelting each other with them - at least they were getting along! I made them have their battle out in the front yard and driveway so that the dogs didn't pick up any broken balloon pieces and ingest them - the last thing I want is a trip to the emergency vet! My fingers were killing me after tying all of the balloons, so once they had blown through the cooler full that was all for the day. We took Bryce back late in the afternoon - they definitely had fun while she was here - but it was time for them to part ways - you know absence does make the heart grow fonder!

No comments: