Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Friday, June 27, 2008

Boys Night Out

The boys' 5 Star accommodations

Enjoying every minute of the tent

Inside the tent - complete with DVD player!


Tonight we girls have the house all to ourselves while the boys have packed up and headed to the great outdoors. The great outdoors that I speak of are conveniently located in the safe confines of our very own backyard! Hey, whatever gets them out of my hair! Hunter is fascinated with camping - last fall the events committee put on a family camp out at the sports complex here in the neighborhood - being as though I was about 31 weeks pregnant I opted not to attend. Scott and Hunter went and had a blast and ever since then Hunter likes for he and daddy to pitch the tent and camp in the yard. I personally am not a camper - there is just something to be said for having the little things in life at your disposal - you know things like running water, toilets, and electricity - I'm a big fan of all of those things! With the way my luck goes I would squat in poison ivy - can you imagine heading in and explaining that one to the crotch doctor? It's not like they are exactly roughing it out there - they do have all the modern conveniences they could possibly desire - Hunter's portable DVD player so they can watch a movie, a stack of Dr. Seuss books for Scott to read, and I have received several emails from within the tent so obviously there is also a Blackberry involved in this camp out! And while they do have toilets only steps away from the entrance to their tent, I guarantee you that I won't be seeing them - there is just something about getting to pee out in the yard that makes the experience all the more authentic! Peeing in the yard, it's another one of those boy things that I just don't get. So Maisie is in bed, the dogs are sacked out (imagine that), and I have nothing but the sounds of silence to keep me company - oh how I love the sounds of silence! I think now I will go watch my Netflix movie that has been sitting here for at least 2 weeks - The Astronaut Farmer.

No comments: