Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Thursday, July 17, 2008

You Look Like a Monkey...and You Smell Like One Too!

Hunter's favorite part of the zoo -
he would ride all day if he could!

I forgot to take Maisie's hat so I had to buy her
one there - we looked like real tourists!



Today was our big field trip to the zoo - so big that Scott even took the day off to join us! It was, as I predicted, a million degrees out - fortunately we arrived about 9:45 and were done about 1:15 - just in time for it to truly be getting unbearable! We haven't been to zoo since last fall - we are members, but we don't go all that often - although left up to Hunter we would go on a weekly basis! Since he is off next week too I guess maybe the kids and I will go again - like I said he never gets tired of it! We had lots of fun - they have finished re-doing the elephant habitat and have done a really nice job of it - the last time we were there is was a construction mess! Maisie seemed to enjoy herself - she really liked watching Hunter go round and round on the carousel - he rode the thing 3 times so she was probably also a little dizzy! She intently watched all of the animals like she knew what they were, I think the elephants were her favorite! She rode around in the papoose for a little while - but let me tell you it is definitely time to start packing her on my back instead! She is really getting too heavy to be hanging off my front like that! She is so nosey though she wants to ride on the front instead of in the stroller so she doesn't miss a thing! Scott says she is a "typical woman". As we were making our way to the front gate to be on our way Hunter remembered that we hadn't seen the rhinos - I did what any good mother who was about to have a heatstroke would have done - I lied and told him that the rhinos weren't out because they were re-doing their house. His next question was "are they re-doing their house because their other one got old?" - I love the innocence of a 4 year olds thought process! We did have to make a pass through the gift shop so Hunter could acquire his treasure - and amazingly he managed to get out UNDER his $10 budget - hallelujah!

No comments: