Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Softball - 1 ; Scott & Shannon - 0


We have joined a co-ed recreational softball team here in the neighborhood - what the hell were we thinking? We had our first game last night - which we WON 10 - 9 I might add - and are feeling the pain of that victory today! There are 20 people on the roster - 12 men and 8 skirts - according to the rules there must be 5 women on the field at all times - last night we only had 5 skirts present, so that means I played the entire game - a grueling hour and a half. Have you ever pulled a muscle that you didn't even know you had? I did that exact thing last night - I have managed to pull a muscle in my upper thigh and let me just say it hurts like hell! I did it on my first at bat when I was racing at "blinding speed" towards first base - alright maybe it wasn't really blinding speed, but I can pretend - it was blinding enough to get me safely on base and that's all that counts! As the game wore on my thigh just hurt worse and worse and by the end of it all I was walking like I was handicapped - was kind of having to throw my leg out to the side to walk. After we got home and showered it was time for the icy hot to make its appearance - Scott was complaining about his shoulder and his thigh hurting and he hardly even played - must be due to old age or the simple fact that his old bones have not seen exercise since he was a kid! He golfs, but really now, I don't consider riding around in a cart and only getting out to walk far enough to reach your ball before getting back into the cart to drive to where you hit it this time exercise. I am at least active and work out 3 times a week, but apparently I am not working out "softball muscles" during these sessions given my current state of pain! We have a practice on Sunday - hope I have fully recovered by then! I need to make a date with the batting cages to practice my hitting - oh who am I kidding I need to practice everything! We will also be making a date with Academy to go and get some cleats - mine will be pink and black of course, just like my glove! I almost did a face plant stopping a ball because I was wearing tennis shoes and the grass was wet - I am such a graceful creature! This morning I am at least able to report that I can walk in a normal fashion again - thank you icy hot! It still hurts, but not nearly as bad as when I crawled into bed last night. It smelled like an old folks home in our room last night as the sweet sweet smell of icy hot wafted around - had someone broken into our house they would have probably assumed that there was an elderly couple living here! The poor dogs nostrils were burning I'm sure!

No comments: