Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Man Eyes


Tonight after dinner and putting the kids to bed I went out to work in the backyard flower beds; Scott stayed in and was watching the baseball game and cleaning up the kitchen. I ran the dishwasher this afternoon but hadn't had a chance to unload it yet; it wasn't quite full, but I knew there was not going to be room to put tonight's dishes in it too. While I was out working in the yard I noticed Scott had been standing at the sink for quite some time, but I had never seen him moving around the kitchen like he was putting the clean dishes away - so, I opened the back door and here the dishwasher is sitting wide open with the bottom basket pulled out and stuffed full. I said those dishes in there are clean and he looked at me, and then at the dishwasher and said "not any more they're not"! The dishwasher has this handy little light that glows lime green when the dishes residing inside of it are clean, and does nothing when they are not. Had somebody not been wearing their man eyes tonight they probably would have noticed that. Needless to say the clean dishes, as well as their new found dirty dish friends, are all currently undergoing a wash cycle and will be waiting for me when I get up in the morning - I bet that little green light will be glowing too!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

the scary thing about "man eyes" (thanks for the new term, btw) is that they come like that from the start. parker almost has em worse than his daddy. ALMOST. :)

Mother of Mayhem said...

I know what you mean - Hunter wears his man eyes on a regular basis! Man eyes are obviously a genetic result of the Y chromosome and have absolutely nothing to do with the age of the subject!