Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer Swimming

Hunter enjoying a great day in the pool!

Maisie was exhausted and required
a sleepy after all of her swimming!

Hunter and all of his toys- it's

amazing he didn't sink with all

of the things he was holding!

This afternoon the kids and I went over to some friends house for an afternoon of swimming - swimming for the kids that is, cocktails for the grown ups. The kids were in the pool for about 3.5 hours straight - the only reason they ever left the pool for for a quick potty break. They were all wrinkled little prunes by the time we packed up and headed home. I got in the pool for a little while with Maisie, probably about 30 minutes - she has been to the pool before and seems to quite enjoy it, although I'm not surprised since she loves to take a bath. I picked her up this nifty little crab float that has a sunshade figuring she would enjoy floating around in that -wrong! She did not enjoy the crab float one little bit, actually it made her quite crabby - ha! I think her problem with the crab is that she doesn't fully sit up on her own yet so she was kind of leaning forward in the thing - as soon as I took her out of it and held her she was perfectly content. The pool has a salt water system instead of a chlorine - my first encounter with one of these. After I got out of the pool it was just like I had been to the beach - you know how your hair is "crunchy" after a day of swimming in the ocean - same thing when you have been swimming in a salt water pool the only difference is you know there aren't any little sea creatures that are going to attack! I accidentally got some of the water in my mouth which was just like drinking salt water - blah, Maisie took a couple of swigs too and had thoroughly cleaned herself out not long after we got home - lovely. We had a great afternoon hanging out with friends and just having a good time - I love beautiful summer days like these!

No comments: