Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hunting Season has Opened



June bug hunting season that is! The dogs really love this time of year - nothing like a beetle with sticky little legs for hours of entertainment. Scott and I were watching a movie the other night and I noticed Pumbaa out on the back porch playing with something - I got up to make sure that he wasn't holding one of my frogs hostage (a favorite pastime of his) but he was just playing with the millions of june bugs that were out there. Scooter always loved to play with june bugs too - he didn't eat them though, he would pick them up and as soon as their sticky legs stuck to his fat lips he would knock them off. So I just assumed Pumbaa was doing to same thing - and maybe he was, I'm not 100% certain; Timon on the other hand, I am certain about his actions. He had gone out to join in the fun and then came back in and his lips kind of looked like there might be something stashed in his mouth. No sooner than I thought that he opened his mouth and out flew a june bug! Timon was a little miffed that he had just lost his dessert and went off chasing it to no avail, so back out the dog door he went to hunt down another poor unsuspecting bug. He was back inside in record time and is apparently a quick study as this time he didn't open his mouth until after he had started chewing - all you heard from the other side of the room was crunch, crunch, crunch! Apparently that one hit the spot because he was done hunting for the night - I found the carcass of "the one that got away" yesterday, I'm not sure if he decided that they weren't all that good after all or if I just found it before he did- either way that one went into the trash can.

No comments: