Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Monday, June 16, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust


On Friday I was doing a load of laundry and the washer just died! Grrrrr! I hadn't done any laundry at all yet for the week so there was a mountain of it - as Murphy's Law would dictate the washer dies during the first load rather than the last. I really hate Murphy! I hauled our dirty laundry over to my parents' house yesterday to do a couple of loads because there was a real underwear shortage going on around here - didn't want Scott to get any ideas and try to wear mine! So anyway, I had a service plan on the thing so I called Best Buy to schedule them to come out and fix it; the repairman was here first thing this morning, walked into my laundry room, I told him what had happened and he said he had seen it before and that there was no way they were going to pay to fix it, it would cost way too much so it would probably just be replaced. Funny, I had just told Scott that my next machine was going to be a front loader - just wasn't expecting that new machine to be coming quite so soon! So the guy goes back out to his truck, does what he has to do, and then comes back in and says "well, you get to go get a new one". Yippee! My washer wasn't that old, it was about 6 1/2 years old, and it wasn't a cheap one either it was a Calypso - I really didn't expect that it would check out at such a young age on me. The guy said there had been a lot of problems with that particular machine - so many that they no longer make it. After Maisie got up from her sleepy we loaded up and headed to Best Buy - if you will recall the manager at the one store really pissed me off about the whole DVR issue, so I was not going to go back to that store (fortunately for me we live right in the middle of 2 stores). I knew I wasn't going to just replace the washer, I knew I would end up getting the matching dryer too - just can't live with a mismatched set! Not that there is a thing wrong with my current dryer, but that is really just beside the point! And since that jackass angered the beast I wasn't about to give his store the sale. Since we paid $1100 for the washer I had that much to spend on a new one, and fortunately for me the LG steam ones just happened to be on sale this week so it was almost an even exchange on the washer - the dryer though I was on my own for. I picked them in "wild cherry red" and got the pedestals to go with them (it was too short even for me without them)- they are coming tomorrow to deliver them. I'm so excited! How sad is that? Never thought I'd see the day when I got excited over a new washer and dryer! You know it always comes in 3's - I wonder what is in store for me next? First the Tivo, now the washer, the refrigerator is probably the next to go - but that's okay, I have a service plan on it too!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

i just had my new w/d delivered today. i've done one load, it was oh so nice. i've never had a new set! congrats, i'm sure you'll love yours!