Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Success......Finally!



I have finally had success today in getting Maisie to eat - something other than booby juice that is! We have been trying for a couple of weeks now - pretty much to no avail - so you can just imagine my excitement! We started out with the plain old boring bland rice cereal mixed with the juice of my loins - that was a no go - so then I thought I might be sneaky and mix it with bananas - she didn't fall for that one either! Then I tried just plain old bananas - not real thrilled with that option. Next we moved on to sweet potatoes - they were Hunter's absolute favorite so I thought maybe she would have the same admiration of them - wrong! So today we moved on to good old applesauce - SUCCESS! After the first bite she actually opened her mouth when she saw the spoon coming, and once the spoon came back out she closed her mouth and the applesauce remained within rather than spit out all over her cute "girl power" bib! I tell you she and Hunter are just total polar opposites - food was never an issue with Hunter. He wasn't a real big fan of the rice cereal, but he ate it - he far preferred the oatmeal. The fruits and vegetables though he couldn't get enough of - that kid would nurse and then sit down and annihilate an entire container of fruit AND and entire container of veggies - he was a serious eater! Could explain why he is the size he is - not at all fat, just BIG! He is undoubtedly going to be my brother's size, 6'4", which means he will have outgrown my short ass by the time he is 7! Better work at getting the fear of god into him now!

No comments: