Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Half Way There




Today Maisie is officially 6 months old - phew, we've managed to keep her alive for half a year! Now if we can just keep that up for another 6 months we can have a party to celebrate our accomplishment (since that's what a 1st birthday party really is)! I don't think keeping her alive will be a real issue though - keeping me alive on the other hand is a different story! I am convinced that she is trying to kill me! She has really been the perfect little specimen since the day she crawled out from within - has always been a FANTASTIC sleeper - until recently that is. She woke up Sunday morning with a tooth obviously just below the surface which made for a crabby little mouse for 98% of the day on Sunday - not only was she crabby but she wouldn't let anybody except me touch her, not even Scott (she wouldn't let me put her down either). Needless to say by the time we got home that night and put her to bed I had seen, and heard, more of her than I really wanted to. But my night wasn't over with seeing her - I'm not sure how many times I actually got up that night - more than I wanted to! The trend has continued on too - I have been up with her every night since then - she is eating in the middle of the night - something she hasn't done in months! UGH! This tooth needs to hurry up and get on through there - although I am putting money on that she is going to cut the 4 bottom teeth all at the same time (that out of order thing would be a "scruffy stock" gene from her daddy's side)! She has also recently come to the conclusion that she doesn't like to be left alone - if I disappear from her sight she likes to start crying to make me aware of her displeasure with the new situation. Hunter never did that - he could have really cared less as long as it wasn't his bed you were walking away from. Her other latest trick is wanting things - last night in the bathtub I took her washrag to start bathing her and she started to cry - until I gave it back that is. Later on I had a magazine on the table next to the chair that she wanted, so she threw herself that direction and got it - then she proceeded to tear off the cover and a few pages. She is so nosey, and a total little busy body! I remember encouraging Hunter to start crawling - there will be none of that going on with her (mama didn't raise no fool)! Although with as nosey as she is I fear that she is going to figure it out sooner rather than later all on her own! God help us!

No comments: