Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Monday, January 26, 2009

I've Created a False Clorox Market!


Fortunately for us, and all who come around us, the plague has passed and we have all lived to tell about it! I kicked Scott out of bed first thing Friday morning ~ I informed him that he had already had a day to lay around a moan and now there were things to be done. He wasn't too impressed, but left up to him he would have worked it for another week about how sick he was ~ please dude you seem to forget I too had suffered through the plague ~ the only difference was I didn't get a day to lay around and moan about how crappy I felt! Ah, the life of the mother ~ your days and duties don't stop just because your head is in the toilet! Hunter was a little slow to get started, poor kid I'm sure every muscle in his body hurt from all of the barfing ~ mostly dry heaving ~ that he did but once he got going he was off and running as usual! I was still busily bleaching everything in this house ~ if any one of us could have possibly come in contact with it in any way, shape, or form it got bleached! I employed the boys in the playroom to wipe down all of the toys and things with bleach while I continued bleaching throughout the house ~ I don't know that this house has EVER been so germ free! I'm amazed that there is still color left in the tile given how many times it has seen a bleach bath since Friday! I'm feeling much more comfortable in my own house now ~ a much better feeling than one of germs just crawling all over you! I think I could honestly be medicated for my germ OCD ~ seriously, it just gets worse every year ~ you would think that I would have been at my worst germ precautions with Hunter as a baby, but let me tell you I am far worse with Maisie than I ever was with him! I attribute that to knowing what life with a sick kid is really like ~ Hunter had RSV when he was 3 months old ~ bad enough that they were debating whether to hospitalize him or not. We have battled respiratory issues with him ever since ~ last winter was the first year in his life that didn't involve breathing treatments or an inhaler! I am still debating whether I am going to allow shoes to be worn in the house or if they will be removed at the door ~ Scott thinks I have truly gone off the deep end on this one! If anyone stays at a hotel with slippers, swipe them for me would you? I could have a basket of slippers by every door! Medication is getting closer by the day!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Again - there is no medical data to support the "no shoe" theory. And yes, they do make plenty of good medication for being OCD. And its cheaper than new shoes and a years supply of clorox. ;)