Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Bubonic Plague Part II


Let me start this off by saying I am in germ HELL!!!!! About 1:00 this morning Scott fell victim to "the plague" ~ as we were going to bed he announced that his stomach felt weird ~ he didn't feel sick , just weird. I informed him, as he took a swig of Pepto, that I felt confident he would indeed be tossing his cookies before too long and that Pepto is a terrible thing to throw up and to keep it down when he was barfing because after the day and night I had endured I was exhausted! Let me just say he didn't keep it down so I found myself awake at 1:00 with him. Not too terribly long after he returned to bed I heard the dreaded sound coming from the other end of the house ~ the sound of the boy in tossing his cookies ~ he too had fallen victim to "the plague". The last stomach bug he contracted I really lucked out on ~ there was no barf anywhere that there shouldn't have been ~ none in his bed or on the floor ~ he had actually made it to the toilet ~ this time I wasn't nearly as lucky! Not only had he barfed all over the bathroom floor, but his bed was also victim of this heinous crime! I will give Scott snaps because he did surface long enough to help me get the bed changed before scurrying back off to the confines of our bathroom. I put a trash can in Hunter's room and told him if he was gonna barf again to put his head in there if he couldn't get to the bathroom ~ he proceeded to barf in the trash can all night long ~ about every 15 minutes for most of the night. I finally went to the store at 4:00 to get him some Ginger Ale ~ I try to keep a 12 pack in the house for moments just like these, but go figure my husband likes to use them as mixers and there is never one to be had when I really need it. I sat down in the chair at 5:00 with a cup of coffee figuring there was no point in getting back in bed since every time I did I would hear Hunter and get right back up ~ the next thing I knew it was 5:42 and I had apparently fallen asleep sitting straight up ~ but that also meant that Hunter hadn't barfed for 50 straight minutes ~ hallelujah! I thought to myself well surely he must be through and went to bed ~ I was immediately in a coma and woke up at 5:53 to the sound of Hunter's head in the trash can ~ damn it man! So back to the every 15 minutes we went ~ ugh! I got up with Maisie about 7:30 and Hunter got up too to put himself in the playroom and had requested a bottle of water ~ thought he must be feeling better to want something to drink ~ I foolishly didn't bring the trash can into the playroom with him and low and behold he threw the bottle of water back up ~ fortunately he went running for the bathroom so the cleanup was minimal. Back he came and asked for another bottle of water ~ I told him fine but he was just going to throw it up too ~ he took the gamble ~ although I had gotten smart this time and brought the trash can in ~ he managed to keep that bottle down for a while ~ even fell asleep on his couch ~ no sooner than he woke up out came the water ~ and a good bit of it on the playroom floor. On that note I banished him to his bed until he has stopped throwing up! I am not going to keep cleaning up barf off the floor in places Maisie goes ~ although she was the initial stomach bug offender, this is some super mutated bug or something and I certainly don't want Maisie to get the mutated version ~ if that's possible. The icing on the cake came after I had banished Hunter to his room and Timon walked through the door from outside and came in to barf on the floor! Are you kidding me? Didn't I just say I was through cleaning up barf off the floor? All Scott could do was sit there like a jack ass and laugh! Sometimes I really hate him!


Unless your are totally OCD about germs you couldn't possibly know what I'm going through over here ~ I would really like to crawl out of my skin! I am just waiting for it to warm up enough outside so I can open all of the windows to get some non germy air in here! As soon as Maisie gets up from her sleepy we are off to Sam's to get another industrial size jug of Clorox Clean Up so I can thoroughly sanitize EVERYTHING!!!! There isn't enough left in my current bottle to accomplish what I am going to do! I may not sleep for the next week in my quest to completely de-germ this joint! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!

2 comments:

The Wrenns said...

Woman, you have sent your curse halfway across the continent into my house! My 2.5-year old has it now. Why don't the rest of us just succumb now and get it over with???

Mother of Mayhem said...

Oh, never fear, you will all fall! ~ it has about a 36 hour incubation period before the next one will go ~ load up on bleach before you fall!