Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Bubonic Plague ~ The Final Chapter


So I think I have managed to uncover the culprit who took down not only our entire house, but also Scott's sister's house ~ THEIR MOTHER!!!!! The night we had been over there she touched Maisie's chicken nugget ~ although I was cringing inside about this and wanted to jerk that nugget right back off Maisie's plate I didn't make a big deal about it, she seemed healthy enough ~ I figure this is when she ingested the virus ~ the only way to actually become ill with the Norovirus is to ingest the nasty little bugger ~ since she didn't touch anyone else's food only my poor sweet little mouse became ill ~ until the barf and yucky poop started flowing around here and we just fell like a house of cards. Well, Scott's sister and her daughter saw their mom again on Friday and the little girl was sick on Sunday ~ just the right incubation time. After finding this out Scott called his mom and asked if she had been sick and low and behold she had been about a week before we came in contact with her ~ you can shed this virus for up to 2 weeks after getting ill ~ good god man! So anyway, I can now stop obsessing about where Maisie got the bug from and give up on my attempts at making all shoes be removed at my front door ~ I'm sure Scott is breathing a HUGE sigh of relief! Had Hunter been the first one to go down I would have just assumed he got it from school and that would have been the end of it ~ had Maisie actually been somewhere to catch it, like the store or a restaurant where she touched a germy cart or highchair (okay, lets be honest here, you KNOW I don't allow her to come in contact with those things ~ she sits in her Floppy) but I would have just assumed she had gotten around the Floppy and touched just the right germ filled location to catch it ~ but since that was not a possibility I really have been obsessing over where she could have possibly gotten it ~ hence my whole shoe theory. I make no guarantees that I will never get to the point of extreme OCD and decide to make people take their shoes off anyway, but for now shoes are still welcome inside ~ as long as they are clean! My lesson learned here is I am done letting my guard down in my battle against germ warfare ~ I don't care who makes fun of me for being germ OCD ~ at least my mouse will be healthy ~ now if I can just find a plastic bubble to put her in......

No comments: