Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas 2008

Okay, so I finally have a minute again and I have some catching up to do! Christmas was great as always! We always start off here for Santa in the morning, let Hunter play with his new haul for a little while, and then load up and head off to my parent's to do Santa again, hang out for the rest of the day, and feast like it's Thanksgiving all over again! Hunter got some pretty cool stuff this year ~ not like he doesn't every year! Santa left a trip to the ER ~ I mean a motorized Razor scooter under the tree for him ~ we figured since he has the hang of a 2 wheeler that surely he has the balance to be able to ride that and he most certainly does! As soon as we were done opening presents he was out the door with his super hero cape ~ another Santa gift ~ and riding that scooter like he had been riding for years! He has yet to have a crash to my knowledge ~ but just in case he does the helmet is mandatory! May not keep him from a lime green cast on his arm, but hopefully it will protect that giant head full of brains! Santa also left the entire family a Wii ~ how much fun is that! We all got cool accessories for it on our stockings ~ things like colored skins for the remotes and colored steering wheels ~ all of my stuff is pink as you would expect! He had also requested a Helmet Heroes ensemble ~ he loves to play police officer when they are outside so this was really a must ~ normally he is just running around making the siren noise with his mouth ~ you know using his imagination like we had to do as kids ~ but really we must embrace technology and give them the tools to make these sounds with a machine. Okay, so he is obviously still using his imagination to play ~ this just gives his imagination some nice visual enhancements ~ not to mention it is is pretty cool! I have some stellar video footage of Scott wearing said helmet on Christmas morning that I will post just as soon as I figure out how to edit the video ~ I figure NOBODY wants to see our entire Christmas morning footage, so when I figure it out I will post only the choice video for your viewing pleasure! Hunter is now the proud owner of a marshmallow blaster ~ it shoots the giant marshmallows ~ the dogs LOVE this toy! They are quite the handy little clean up crew! The beauty of this gun is that you can eat your ammunition if necessary! Speaking of guns he also got a Nerf dart tag system ~ he wanted the machine gun but I just refused to spend that much money on a Nerf gun ~ not to mention that we would have had to buy 2 of them so Scott could have one too! The beauty of the dart tag is that there are 2 of them so each boy can have their own and I don't have to listen to them arguing over it! Over at my parent's house he got a bunch of stuff too ~ the big present over there was a Tony Hawk 18" bike ~ now that he can ride solo a new bike was a must! He loves his new wheels and spends pretty much all afternoon out in the cul-de-sac riding on that and the scooter ~ makes for quiet afternoons for me and sleepy nights for him! Maisie hauled in some pretty good loot herself ~ it was actually very difficult to shop for her because there is absolutely nothing the girl needs! She is still into the little baby toys that we have all of from Hunter ~ not much has changed in that department ~ but we did manage to score some things she doesn't have. She got her own set of wheels ~ a cozy coupe that plays music, a princess couch so she can sit in the playroom with Hunter, a pony that you can hook up to the TV and learn things from , and a Laugh & Learn kitchen. I am fairly confident that you can look at out roof line and actually see it lifting right off of our house! My goodness little people and all of their crap take up a TON of room! We had no idea when we built this house just how limited on space we were going to become once the little people invaded ~ when it was just Scott, the dogs, and I this place was HUGE ~ no more man! Scott and I really don't do Christmas for each other ~ it was a rule when he worked offshore that if he wasn't here for a holiday we just didn't celebrate it ~ in all honesty when you are offshore for the holidays that day is just another day ~ nothing special about it. Since having kids we would far rather just spend the money on them instead of ourselves because there is absolutely nothing we need either ~ besides Christmas is about seeing the joy on the kids faces, not ours. Having said that though I got Scott tickets to go see Rodney Carrington at the end of the month ~ he is HYSTERICAL!!!! I am looking so forward to this show ~ we have seen him once ~ right before I found out I was pregnant with Hunter ~ and laughed until we cried! We also watched him on TV doing one of his acts not long before Maisie was born ~ I was laughing so hard I thought I might go into labor! He is undoubtedly raunchy, but then again aren't all comedians? It will be great fun and I can't wait!!! Scott has given me some nights of vacation ~ in other words he will deal with dinner and the kids and I get to eat bon bons ~ I think that is the best present EVER! My parent's got Scott the coolest gift ever ~ a kegerator ~ yes, you read that right I said a kegerator! My friend Cindy is appalled at this ~ she said "surely it is in the garage" and when I replied no it was in the kitchen she couldn't stop laughing! As if we were going to put it in the garage ~ then we would have to walk across the entire house to get a beer! If Scott could figure out a way to put it in between our 2 chairs he would oust the table that is currently there and replace it with the kegerator! I must say the kegerator ROCKS! My mom told me today that we got the kegerator last year so she guesses this year she will get us rehab ~ ha, shows how much she knows, rehab is for quitters and quitters we are not!
Click to play Christmas 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: