Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Bubonic Plague


Okay so maybe it's not quite as severe as the bubonic plague, but when you are the one suffering through it you might think a little differently! Monday morning my sweet little baby mouse barfed ~ I had heard her coughing at 5, 6, and 7:30 and went racing in her room each time because it sounded like she was throwing up ~ there was no throw up to be found. When she got up at 7:30 she was rattling when she breathed and I thought great she has a cold ~ must have been coughing because of drainage. She just really wasn't acting like herself so I figured she didn't feel too hot and then chose not to eat her yogurt for breakfast ~ a sure sign something is amiss. She was hanging out in the highchair while I packed Hunter's lunch when I heard her cough and turned just in time to see milk spewing from her mouth ~ absolute confirmation that she didn't feel good. I threw her in the tub and got her cleaned up before heading out to drop Hunter at school and on the way home I heard the tell tale cough again and sure enough the barf followed. Yuck ~ all over her brand new Barcalounger, I mean car seat too. After that she appeared to be fine ~ went down for an early sleepy and woke up starving so she was obviously on the mend. Given her rapid recovery I wasn't so sure she had a stomach bug, but later that day I had run to the grocery store and left the kids here with Scott and when I got back Maisie was bathed and ready for bed ~ this was 6:00. I was impressed that Scott had given her a bath, especially since he was about to walk out of the door for a softball game, but then the truth came out ~ he reported that she had "shit up to her shoulder blades!" ~ hence the bath! I decided that she must have a bug given the goo exiting her body ~ yuck! I let my germ guard down on Saturday while we were at Scott's sister's house ~ I am going to bet this where she picked up the bug ~ she hadn't been anywhere but here so I don't know where else she would have gotten it. Everyone likes to make fun of me for my germ -a- phobia, but I will point out that every time I have let my guard down she has gotten something ~ just colds until this little adventure.


This morning about 2:30 I woke up thinking I didn't feel so hot myself ~ I was convinced of this a short while later as I put my head in the toilet. Now let me just say there is nothing in this world that I hate more than barfing ~ yuck! I went back to bed and watched TV but never barfed again ~ woo hoo! When I was kicking Scott out of bed at 5 he asked if I was going to live and I foolishly said "I thought so" ~ I really should have let my feet touch the floor before I came to that conclusion! I told him I either had what Maisie had or the deer from the night before had poisoned me ~ he assured me that the deer had nothing to do with it ~ guess my sweet little mouse barfing on me did though! When Maisie started calling at 7 I knew I had made a mistake telling Scott that I was going to live and to go to work ~ I had hardly made it Maisie's room before I knew I was gonna spew! Now as Murphy's Law would have this Hunter walked out of his room at the same time I walked into Maisie's and went into their bathroom to pee ~ when I quickly decided that throwing up was inevitable I looked in the bathroom and he was showing no signs of stopping peeing anytime soon ~ the thought of racing in there and just pushing him into the bath tub did cross my mind. Instead I quickly put Maisie on the floor and took off running across the house in search of my bath room ~ unfortunately I didn't make it past the kitchen and ended up with my head in the sink rather than the toilet ~ and yes it has already been thoroughly bleached! I am feeling better ~ okay I still feel like warmed over dog poo, but I at least feel I am done barfing ~ guess I can't complain too much about a stomach bug that only makes you barf twice ~ could have been one of those 12 hour non stop barf parties! I'm sure however that by the time it has mutated and Scott contracts it this is what we will be looking at. I hope he and Hunter are going to be spared ~ especially Scott ~ he is the world's worst patient ~ although I really think all men are. I dropped Hunter at school this morning ~ didn't bother to even get out of my jammies, just dropped him at the front door and left. I also didn't pack his lunch ~ I told him he could have the wheat loaded lunch and snack that they would be serving today ~ he was THRILLED! I had better watch out or he will start intentionally contracting stomach bugs so I get them too ~ he's sneaky like that! Scott rode to the office in the van pool this morning so there is no coming home to rescue me ~ guess the mouse and I are on our own ~ I bet we will survive.

1 comment:

The Wrenns said...

It's not peanut-butter-bubonic-plague, is it? Hope you guys feel better, and that everyone else (including animals) are spared!