Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Picking We Will Go....


Behold the fruits of our labor - well half of them at least!


This morning Scott and I got up and headed off for our annual pilgrimage to the country to pick peaches. A friend of mine likes to remind me every year when we do this that you can indeed buy already picked peaches at Kroger; I have assured her that they are not the same. We started doing this when I was pregnant with Hunter and it is something we have just continued on with. We have a deal worked with my mom - she comes over and keeps the kids, we go do the manual labor, and then split our haul with her - it's a win win situation. Our half of the peaches are currently spread out on the breakfast room table to finish ripening - I will be spending the next week packing peaches up to freeze to turn into peach cobbler at a later time - yummy! Hunter is not a huge peach fan so I don't think he would particularly enjoy going on this outing and besides you are picking off of trees (he's tall, but not quite that tall); I did take him a couple of years ago to pick blueberries though and he thoroughly enjoyed that! The bushes we just the perfect height for him to pick his own and fill his own basket. They really should have weighed him upon entry and exit because they definitely lost money on him coming through there - he ate as many as made it into his basket. Hunter is a fruit eating fool, always has been - I think I packed two gallon sized Ziplocs of blueberries from that trip and put them in the freezer and they were gone in a month! He's a fruit junkie - but I would rather that be his pleasure than candy or some other kind of junk food. I need to see if I can find somewhere closer to take him for blueberry picking - the place we went was in Plantersville and with gas being as insane as it is at this point that makes for some mighty expensive berries!

No comments: