Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The End has Come

I just had to post this picture again because I
absolutely love it! He just looks so sweet and
innocent - could be because there is no sound!

Tonight was the last game of the season, YIPPEE!!! Not that I'm happy to see it end, but I am happy to be done with the whole Team Mom gig! Ask me if I will volunteer to do it again and my quick answer is NO WAY JOSE! But, we all know me and the fact that I have a real issue saying no, so if no one steps up to do it on his next team I'm sure I will foolishly step up to the plate again (do I ever learn?). There is definitely a lot of work that goes into doing the Team Mom thing, but the worst part of it is that I have to be at everything, practice included, so I rolled poor Maisie out of bed many times to head off for some T-Ball function (Scott was helping coach so I couldn't leave her with him) - thank you god for giving me an easy going one this time! It's not even all of the work involved, but the fact that I really didn't get to watch the games because I was busy getting the batting helmets in the right order for the next inning when no one was in the dugout (not real efficient with a baby hanging off your front) and keeping the little apes from killing each other while they were in the dugout; honestly I think I missed the first 6 times Hunter was at bat. I think I would far rather just be able to sit in the stands and be a spectator; maybe even one of those parents who gets into a fist fight because they didn't like the call on their kid! Are you picturing this? Guess it's best they don't sell beer in the concession stand (or "the confession stand" as Hunter calls it), otherwise it could happen! I would have to remember to first remove Maisie from the papoose before I started rolling around on the ground with someone! Could I get anymore PWT? Ahhh, you can take the girl out of the oil field, but not the oil field out of the girl. Once the team party is over we are on an official T-Ball hiatus - until the fall league starts that is.

No comments: