Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Maisie and her Bling Bling!





Maisie and I had a little field trip today to get her some bling - some ear bling that is. Okay, so they aren't real blingy - just the typical gold ball piercing studs. Once they heal up she will have to sweet talk her daddy into getting her something real snazzy! Ha! I'm sure people will still look at her and say how cute "he" is, but maybe now it won't be as frequent. Scott was not at all in agreement with me on having it done now - he feels confident that we should have waited until she was getting married to have it done! I looked into it and pretty much everything said to do it while they are young - I never thought I would be one to pierce a baby's ears, but I guess better to go ahead and do it when you don't get all of the drama that comes along with doing it to an older kid! She didn't cry much at all - she actually cried less than when she has gotten her shots, so it must not have been too terribly traumatic. I took her into the pediatricians office to have it done - not all germy like those places in the mall - and you know me and my germ "issues". Anyway, she was telling me about what kind of earrings to buy once they are healed up and not to get the birthstone earrings from Claires - said she fishes a lot of those out of little earlobes - can you imagine? The earrings to use are supposed to be flat on the part that touches your ear - like my diamond studs are - she said "yeah like those, she can just have those"! Yeah right - I had to bear Scott's young before I got diamond studs out of him (they were my first Mother's Day gift), I will not be handing these over until they are putting me in the ground - at that point she can have them! My sister has more jewelry than any one person should be allowed (and no kids) so I guess Maisie will have to really butter her up for the title of "Favorite Niece" so that she can be the sole heir to her vast collection!

No comments: