Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ahhh the Sweet Sounds of Summer


If you hadn't noticed it was a little chilly out today and the sun opted to hide out until well into the afternoon. That would have been fine and all except for the little issue of a birthday party Hunter was attending today - let me be a little more specific - a pool party. The pools opened the first weekend of May and we have already been when it was HOT out and the water was cold then, so I knew it was going to be really cold today and therefor opted not to even bother putting on my bathing suit (and you know I am deeply saddened by that). Let me just add that I went bathing suit shopping the other day, a task which I do not enjoy on a normal year, but I really don't enjoy it shortly after having a baby! Although my weight is not all that far off of where it was when I got pregnant things don't seem to be where I left them! The pool was pretty much a ghost town (normally it would be packed at 1:00), except for all us party goers. The cold temperature didn't stop all of the little apes from getting right in, although they continually got back out and would come up literally shivering needing to be wrapped up in a towel; the birthday girl had blue lips by the time it was over, no joke! They all seemed to have a fabulous time - the party favors were flip flops and gum because the birthday girl is all about shoes and gum! Hunter LOVES his new baseball flip flops - so much so that he has worn them to bed- he is in there out cold still wearing the flip flops!
After we got back from the party the ice cream truck came by - I swear if he sees my car in the garage he stops at the driveway until Hunter comes running out - he is probably his best customer! Hunter has to buy his own ice cream - I think it is a good lesson in fiscal responsibility- and besides the notion of getting some coin for helping out around here appeals to him. He knows that he has to have money to buy his ice cream so he is more willing to do as you ask if there is cash involved! My mom thinks that I am just terrible for making him use his own money for his trips to the ice cream truck - she has threatened to give him an ice cream allowance! Now we all know good and well that she would have NEVER given us a recurring ice cream allowance - this is that whole "I'm the Grandmother I can do what I want" philosophy coming out! I will give her credit for the fact that she didn't make us use our money to buy ice cream, but then again the ice cream man MIGHT have come by our house once a summer - and that was on a good year! This guy is by every other day and has been since March! Hunter's little "habit" adds up, so I think it's good for him to see first hand that if his piggy bank is hungry, so is he!

No comments: