Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Y Chromosome and Instructions


Okay, so we all know that "real men" wouldn't dare stop and ask for directions, much less actually pick up the instruction manual for a child's toy to figure out how it works ~ I guess they all must think that they are smarter than said toy so instructions aer of no use! For Christmas Hunter got a Creepy Crawler Bug Maker Oven ~ what more could a little boy ask for! Anyway, I came home one day, within a few days of Christmas, and Scott had gotten the oven out, filled the molds up, put it in the oven, and turned it on. When I got there he informed me that the oven didn't appear to be working ~ not realizing at the time that he hadn't dared to pick up the instruction sheet, I took his word for it since the oven indeed did not appear to be working. I returned said bug maker for a new one a few days later and brought it home and put it away ~ figuring Hunter had so many new things already we would just stash that for a little later. Yesterday he wanted to get the bug oven out and cook up a few before we left ~ so I pulled the oven out, plugged it in, and turned it on the make sure that it worked before I filled up the molds ~ guess what, the oven again didn't appear to work. I thought, you've got to be kidding me! This one doesn't work either? So being the double X chromosome that I am, I went and got the instruction sheet and right on the front in HUGE letters there is a picture of a light bulb and the words "how to install the light bulb (not included) and prepare your creepy crawlers maker for use". Damn man eyes! I did just as the instructions said and guess what, the oven now works! So in short, there wasn't a damn thing wrong with the first oven either, other than a man had attempted to set it up!

1 comment:

The Wrenns said...

We have too many man eyes around this house, too...