Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Monday, June 15, 2009

Still Here


Thought I would post a few things that needed to be caught up on before the big road trip! In theory, we were supposed to have departed by now ~ last week actually, but my Dad had cataract surgery about a month ago that did not go as planned, so we have been waiting on him to recover before taking off. Certainly don't want to get out in the middle of nowhere and decide that he needs serious medical attention! He has another appointment today and if it looks good then we are planning on heading out tomorrow ~ mom said that is an awful lofty goal, but she didn't have the heart to tell him that! Yesterday I got Hunter all packed up ~ all of his crap took up an ENTIRE bag! That's what happens when you are going to a climate that requires different dress throughout the day ~ I can already tell you I could NEVER live there! I like to know that what I put on in the morning is going to be sufficient for the ENTIRE day until I crawl into bed! Phooey on that cold in the morning only to warm up to shorts weather by lunch and then go back to being cold as soon as the big ball of fire in the sky slips below the horizon! So we all have to pack both summer and winter gear (luckily I found 4 pair of pants that still have the knees) ~ still about 38 in the mornings (yikes!) ~ and I also packed him some 4-wheeler clothes so he doesn't ruin his good stuff while he's out being a boy! Scott took Hunter and my dad's 4 wheelers over there yesterday and got them all packed up in the trailer ~ more like stuffed them all into the trailer he said ~ good thing they fit! When we are truly leaving my parent's will drive over here to get us and all of our stuff and then off on the open road we go. We are going as far a Junction the first night ~ our stops have been determined by where there is a horse hotel ~ I had no idea there was such a thing until now, and then day 2 of this adventure ends in Amarillo ~ after that I haven't a clue where we go. We are taking 4 days to get there ~ yes, you read that right, 4 days! The theory being that you can't go as fast while pulling a trailer, the horses need to get out, and the kids are only going to make so many hours a day being pinned in the car. Will probably work out best for all of our sanity ~ at least once you are no longer behind the wheel you can drink heavily to forget about the day you've just had and prepare yourself for what lies ahead! Scott informed me that we would not be taking 4 days to get back home ~ I told him I had no intentions of taking more than a day to get back! The plan for our return is to head out around 5:00 in the afternoon and just keep on going ~ let the little people slip into a coma in the car and keep on rolling. I will try and post some while we are gone ~ I am going to set my phone up, I think, so that I can post via text. Maybe by doing that I can post a little something should I accidentally find some cell service! No promises, you may just have to wait until July!

1 comment:

The Wrenns said...

Amarillo?! That's my oldneck of the woods...have fun!