Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Haven't Had to Kill Anyone.....Yet!

Maisie was needing a nap so badly before we
left that she unpacked her blanket and laid on the floor!

Isn't she too cute!

Dad is NOT a morning person!


So we are 2 days into this little cross country adventure and haven't even made it out of the great state of Texas! Damn this is a BIG state! We managed to make it off without a hitch ~ how unlike this group! We left my house about noon and stopped in Segovia which is just outside of Junction ~ not that you have probably heard of either one of those places! We are doing about 300 miles a day, although yesterday was a little more. Maisie did very well ~ she didn't really make so much as a peep until her diaper was so wet that she had peed all out of it and into her car seat ~ fortunately the place we stayed last night had a laundry so I took her car seat out and washed it and then put it back in this morning ~ not nearly as easy a feat as it should have been! Let me just say I drive a Japanese car and Maisie sits in a British car seat ~ these 2 foreign objects go together like peas and carrots ~ then you go throwing an American car into the mix and it no longer works so well! The seat installs with great ease, like it should, if the LATCH is upside down ~ not exactly safe or feasible since then you can't tighten the thing up ~ so I think you are supposed to use an allen wrench to undo the bar that the LATCH straps are on and flip them over for use in an American made auto ~ what a pain in the ass! So twice now I have fought and wrestled installing the usually easy as pie seat until I was sweating ~ ugh! I told her if she pees in it again she's just gonna have to get used to it! The drive was very uneventful ~ we dropped the horses at their hotel and went just down the street to the truck stop ~ thank god it was very clean and literally about 1 minute from the horses. We got off about 11 today and made it to Lubbock ~ again where the horses have a reservation. As we were unloading them they were walking around having some grass and I had Rio when something spooked the supposedly spook proof horse ~ so Wilson, I call bullshit on that label, and I was of course wearing my usual footwear ~ flip flops ~ not much protection when a 2000 pond horse comes landing down on your foot!!!! OUCH!!!!!! I thought at first that he had broken my toes, but I have decided that they aren't broken, just very swollen and purple! Nice! Damn horse scuffed up my freshly pedi-ed toes too! I think tomorrow when we go back to retrieve them I will be pulling my boots out of my bag and making a real fashion statement with them and shorts! We went through several wind farms today ~ one was HUGE!!! It went on for miles and miles ~ I just couldn't believe the size of it ~ really very impressive ~ and there is certainly enough wind out here to turn those things! I have become a real trailer pullin' mama in the last 2 days ~ I even had to back it up tonight and did it all by myself and only had to pull forward 1 time to start over~ guess all of these times I have watched Scott back ours into the garage has paid off ~thanks babe! Tomorrow we will actually be crossing the state line into New Mexico ~ I might have to pull over and take Hunter's picture by the sign ~ he asked mom if we were going to have to go through Mississippi to get to Colorado ~ ahhh the innocence! Maisie has really traveled well ~ as long as you keep Elmo rolling on the TV and toss her a cup of milk and some snacks every once in a while she's good to go. Speaking of keeping Elmo rolling I would like to thank Apple for the i-Pod ~ I am keeping one bud in and listening to stuff I want to hear, but keeping it so I can still hear what's going on around me. I think if I had to listen "la la la la Elmo's World" for 6 hours a day I might slit my own wrists! We didn't have cell service for the majority of the day today ~ really kind of annoying ~ now that you are all kinds of used to being able to make a call whenever, it is odd when you can't ~ guess I had better get used to it!

No comments: