Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Honeymoon's Over!

Yesterday Bryce and Hunter started squabbling ~ Ray Charles could have seen that coming! They have squabbled on and off all day today ~ in my usual loving way I told them they needed to get over it! It has rained for the better part of the day today, so most of it has been spent indoors, although I took all 3 of the kids out for a 4 wheeler tour ~ started raining pretty good on the way back ~ allow me to say that rain is cold! I hear it is 103 in Houston today, so I guess I will take the cold rain any day over that! We had some excitement about 1:30 this morning ~ there is no A/C in the house, so you sleep with the windows open ~ we were awoken by some terrible noise obviously being made by some wild animal ~ mom asked if that was the noise a bear made ~ the park ranger had stopped by earlier in the day to let us know a bear had been spotted and had been letting himself into houses, so if we saw him to call. I thought maybe it was a wild turkey being chased by something because they are all over the place too ~ the ranch manager had come out with his spotlight to tend to the situation ~ turns out it was a coyote calling his friends in for the kill ~ I've never heard a coyote make that noise ~ mom says it's because city coyotes don't need to call their friends in, they just grab a cat and go! Chuck ran the coyote off and the rest of the night was peaceful ~ all 6 of the horses were still there and obviously hadn't slept all night because all they did until noon was sleep! We have come into town to eat at the brewery tonight so I must be off!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: