Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Whole Year Already?

I made my first entry a year ago today ~ the traditional first anniversary gift for those of you feeling the need to send me something is paper ~ let me know if you need my mailing address! I might ought to read back over the last years worth of post to see just where the year has gone! My original intention with the blog was that I would post pictures of my growing kids instead of bombarding people's inboxes with pictures that they may or may not want to see (although I don't know how you couldn't want to see pictures of my kids! There's that bias part of me surfacing again!) ~ this way if you wanted to see what my kids were looking like or the things they were up to you could check it out at your leisure. I thought I might, occasionally, actually write something too ~ wasn't really counting too much on that happening though ~ guess I was way wrong on that front! I quickly found that I really enjoy blogging ~ sometimes I sit here typing things and laughing out loud as I relive the topic at hand events! Since I don't leave the house to go to a job where I would get to have adult interaction and conversation this is like my my adult interaction ~ my dad says if I have time to blog then I have too much time on my hands. The truth of the matter is I don't have spare time on my hands ~ in order to sit down long enough to make an entry I have to carve time out for myself to do it ~ typically I find the time after the kids are in bed and I have finished all of my daily items ~ I do on occasion sit down in the daylight hours to post an entry, but I can almost guarantee you that it took me several hours to compile the one entry because of how many times I had to stop and take care of something else. I love my job ~ although it is undoubtedly the hardest job I have ever had in my life, it is also the most rewarding and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm thrilled to get to share a piece of our lives with you through this blog and even more thrilled that you care enough and choose to make us a part of your life ~ thank you!

1 comment:

The Wrenns said...

And we love reading about the trials and tribulations of your crazy-but-loveable family! Happy Blogoversary!