Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Corporal Punishment


Apparently Scott and my livers have been misbehaving ~ I have come to this conclusion based on the fact that last night we decided to severely punish them! What were we thinking???? Obviously we weren't is all I can think of to answer that question! We have a group of friends ~ mostly college friends ~ that we try to get together with once a month to do some sort of a cookout. All of our kids are in the same age range so they all play together while the adults drink beer, cook, and catch up. We rotate houses and whoever is hosting picks what's on the menu ~ last month we hosted and cooked burgers and dogs and broke in the kegerator with "the family". Last night was a fish fry ~ YUMMY! When we left our house we had a virgin 18 pack in the cooler ~ thinking of course that we would be returning with some beer in said cooler ~ let me just say that today the ice that is left in that cooler is awfully lonely! Not only did we drink the 18 pack we arrived with, but then we moved on to other beer from the host ~ good god what were we thinking???? We set up the pack and play and put Maisie to bed ~ this is standard operating procedure since she goes to bed so early ~ this way we get to stay and play a little longer and typically pack up and leave about 9:30 or 10:00. So Maisie was sleeping and the boys were watching a movie when Avis said you might as well just spend the night ~ fortunately they have a very large and lovely home and plenty of room to sleep extras ~ we decided that was probably a pretty good idea and so the mass beer consumption began. Scott was finally smart enough to get up and head off to bed at 1:30 this morning ~ can't say Avis and I were nearly as smart ~ no, we stupidly stayed up until 4:00!!!! Have I asked what were we thinking? Needless to say my kids were up bright eyed and bushy tailed at their usual 7:30 ~ I was anything but bright eyed at that point, and I certainly wasn't bushy tailed ~ I feel fairly confident that my liver did indeed jump out in protest and was laying on the bed next to me! Sorry about that Mr. Liver! Now getting snockered isn't something we typically engage in ~ not that we don't drink, obviously we do or we wouldn't have a kegerator ~ but it is typically just a couple of beers and that's that. I unfortunately don't just suffer from a hangover ~ I am a barfer ~ and I don't mean I barf once, I typically barf from around 7:00 - noon! Always have been one, always will be one ~ that is my deterrent right there from getting snockered ~ wasn't a deterrent in college, but now that I don't have the luxury of laying around and feeling like warmed over dog doodie all day it is a wonderful deterrent. I suffered my first hangover in Hunter's life New Years Day 2007 ~ oh my god I was sick! Scott was working offshore at the time and needed to leave to go back to work, but I couldn't keep my head out of the toilet long enough for him to feel confident that I was able to take care of Hunter. At one point Hunter asked what was wrong with me ~ as my head was undoubtedly in the toilet ~ and Scott informed him that I was "choking on my own stupidity" ~ have I mentioned that I sometimes hate my husband ~ this would have been one of those times! I finally quit barfing and Scott headed off for work never to have another hangover again ~ until today that is! I can proudly report that I did not bow to the porcelain god this morning ~ contemplated it, but didn't do it ~ however I feel like crap! I think it has more to do with the fact that sleep is lacking in my world than any other factor. While I did consume a large quantity of beer, it was over a long period of time and I wasn't stumbling drunk when I finally poured myself into bed, just buzzed. Whatever the case may be I have come to the conclusion that Chris and Avis are EVIL and must be stopped! I have apologized profusely to my liver and promised not to do it again ~ until the next time that I have a momentary lapse of reason I guess!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Gee - some things never change - I can remember MANY occasions where you puked up your toenails after partaking of alcoholic beverages. Your liver is saying - "I am TOO OLD for this"!!! My liver is on doctors orders to not be subjected to such antics!

The Wrenns said...

Oh, you poor woman. We are indeed too old to get away with this sort of stuff so easily anymore--I sympathize!

Anonymous said...

mr. liver, huh?