Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Think I Have Seen it All.....


Okay, 2 brand new grocery stores opened in my neck of the woods within a week of each other ~ one of them is located at the entrance to my neighborhood and the other one is about a mile from the entrance. Both are very nice stores ~ probably the nicest grocery stores I have ever seen to be exact. To make their big grand opening impressions (which have been going on for several weeks now) on the neighborhood they have had all kinds of lovely free items ~ coupons were mailed out for all types of different things ~ thank you very much by the way, I have enjoyed all of my free goods! Anyway, back to the point of this entry. I typically hit the store at the entrance as I prefer this one over the other ~ today however the sale ad at the other store was more in tune with the items on my shopping list so it was off to this location that I headed. After I had finished my shopping and was making my way to the front of the store I heard singing ~ not singing like on the radio singing, but singing like a live person singing ~ sure enough when I made it to the very front of the store there was a lady singing and a man playing the keyboard ~ no shit! I had heard that Elvis was spotted in the same location last week! I just have to wonder what is it costing the store to have live entertainment for our listening pleasure while we fill our baskets with goods ~ is the cost of the live entertainment being cancelled out by more shoppers being drawn in? I am really kind of doubting it, but what the hell do I know! What I do know is that it is quite lovely to have 2 such very nice stores in such close proximity to my front door ~ but in all honesty live entertainment isn't going to make me shop in your store ~ the prices of the items in your store are what will bring me in and keep me coming back!

No comments: