Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What was she Thinking?

I must say that I am truly appalled! Today on the news they reported of a 14 year old girl who gave birth in the bathroom at her junior high school! Once she had the baby she then proceeded to try and flush it down the toilet! You have got to be kidding me! I think maybe my first question is how was this girl at school for several hours, in labor, and a grown up didn't notice the fact that she had to have looked to be in pain and was probably breathing a little heavy? Honestly, I have been in labor twice now and didn't make it past 6 cm before only the finest oilfield phrases were flying out of my mouth! How did nobody notice this?
www.abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6057161
This is the 2nd report THIS WEEK about a 14 year old girl giving birth and disposing of the baby; the other story for those of you who don't live here happened aboard a Continental flight from New York to Houston. That girl miscarried her baby in the bathroom and then stuffed it in the trash can where the cleaning crew later found it. Fortunately that baby was stillborn, and apparently was nowhere near term, and didn't suffer like the one today who was born alive and then drowned. When are the schools, and parents for that matter, going to wake up and realize that teaching abstinence isn't going to keep kids from having sex; they are going to do it so why not prepare them a little better for it? What is wrong with these teenage girls?
I will get down from my soapbox now.

No comments: