Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Monday, April 14, 2008

What Nobody Tells You About Being 4!

He only looks cute and sweet - his hat is covering
the devil horns that have sprouted up from his skull!

Let me just say that 4 is an ugly, ugly age! Nobody forewarns you about this year; all you ever hear about is the terrible 2's. Turns out that the terrible 2's weren't so terrible after all. Actually Hunter was a pretty good 2 year old; when he turned 3 now that was a different story -but it was also relatively short lived. Since he has turned 4 though he has been unrelenting; 4 is 2 with a mouth! I spent my morning fighting with him over a freaking waffle! Asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he requested a waffle so that's what I fixed him; then all he wanted to do was throw a fit and tell me that he didn't want a waffle. Too bad I said, that's what you asked for and that's what I fixed! I told him he could eat that or he could go to school hungry - he went to school hungry screaming the entire way that he wanted some breakfast. I feel confident that he won't wither away before snack time, but I'm not so confident that he will live to see the ripe old age of 5! For all of you who have not yet reached this "lovely" age let me be the first to warn and suggest that you pack your bags and leave the country and for those of you who are currently living through this "lovely" age I feel your pain!

No comments: