Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Murphy's Law

Well as it always happens Scott moves out and Murphy moves in! Honestly, if something is going to break in this house it is going to do it in Scott's absence. Last week I went to get a new compactor bag from under the kitchen sink and noticed that they were wet; I did some looking around but didn't see anywhere that water was coming from, so I cleaned it up and thought I would just keep an eye on it. The next day I was going to fill up my mop bucket with hot water, now mind you in order to get the water hot I had to let it run for a little while, and noticed that I heard the distinct sound of water coming from inside the cabinet! I opened the cabinet door and sure enough water EVERYWHERE! I had managed to completely flood the underside of the sink! Water was running down the garbage disposal motor and when I touched the drain pipe from it the pipe just completely popped out. So, I "fixed" the pipe with the hopes that it would last me until Scott's return, but just in case it didn't I was smart enough to leave a bucket under there. Fast forward to yesterday when I was once again getting a compactor bag out and they were once again wet, ugh! I checked my bucket but there was no water in it; where the hell did it come from this time? I looked around, tugged on the garbage disposal drain line, but everything seemed alright, so I made sure my bucket was in place and turned the sink on to see where it was coming from - water immediately started pouring from the drain line that comes from the other side of the sink! Scott is convinced that I am sabotaging the plumbing so that he will have to re-plumb the whole thing when he gets back and I can get the new sink i have be longing for out of the deal. I have assured him that if I was going to sabotage a plumbing job I would do it when he was conveniently located at the office, not in Florida!
The laundry room smells like something has died in it - I have tracked down the stench to the washing machine. I was told by the Best Buy repairman, who was here at 7:30 this morning by the way, that High Efficiency washers just start to smell after a while and to try these tablets that are supposed to deodorize the thing from the inside out. I have been through 2 tablets already today and it still smells; not as bad as earlier, but still smells. I will run the 3rd tab through once I get Hunter's uniform washed since he has a game tonight and would look rather silly playing naked!
Oh, and something appears to be wrong with my POS computer - I fear it may very well be working on checking out on me! If it dies, I'm buying a Mac this time! I hate computers!

No comments: