Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Relay for Life

2008 Beauties vs. the Beast Relay for Life Team

Dad's Luminaria during the ceremony

Always the life of the party!

Relay for Life was last night, FINALLY! It seems like I have been preparing for this forever instead of just for the last 2 months! I think we did a fantastic job, especially since this was our first year at it - we exceeded out team goal fundraising amount of $1200; I don't know an exact number yet, but I think we must be pushing $3,000! Way to go Beauties vs. the Beast! I have walked away from this event with a new appreciation for all of the work that goes into one of these things - I really had no idea! My reason for getting a team together for this was to honor my dad who has once again managed to beat the odds against him and survive cancer! He came out for the opening ceremony and the survivor lap and as you can plainly see from the above photo had a great time - not too many men would willingly don a pink boa and tiara! After dad went home to snuggle up in his warm bed for a good nights sleep, the rest of the team stuck it out and walked, walked, and walked some more. We were tracking our miles by adding a bead to a string every time we made a lap around the track - I walked 10 miles last night! My legs hurt badly enough today to prove it too! Cindy and I got home at 6:00 this morning and headed straight for bed; I'm pretty sure my head hadn't even hit the pillow before I was fast asleep! I guess technically the last "all nighter" I pulled was the day Maisie was born, but before that I couldn't tell you the last time I was up all night; fortunately Maisie allowed me to sleep until 10:00 and then it was back to life as we know it! We all had a good time doing something extremely worthwhile and I look forward to doing it again next year - since we are now seasoned veterans next year will be even better! So dad this one goes out to you - you are my inspiration and because of you I know I can do anything I set my mind to! I look forward to doing this with you again for many years to come.

No comments: