Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E




We packed up and headed for the land of all things mouse bright and early Sunday morning! It went rather smoothly, surprisingly so, but I also began preparing for this trip earlier in the week. I am the world's WORST packing procrastinator; no joke when I was in college I would pack for cruise (60 days away from home) the night before the ship sailed and would be moving onboard hours before leaving the dock! This time however since I had to pack for all 3 kids and myself I figured I had better get an early start. Saturday afternoon we loaded up the 4 legged beasties and headed off across town to deposit them at Chez Bayridge; Sophie is a non issue, but I don't trust Timon and Pumbaa to either not dig their way to freedom (they don't dig, but I'm afraid they might if left alone for an extended time) or to not eat the house from the inside out! There is usually someone home with them, but when they are left it is only for a few hours except for one day before Christmas when they had been left alone all day long and then we came back only to leave again a couple of hours later. When Scott and Hunter returned that night they walked in to find that the 2 precious pups had selected a present from under the tree to unwrap and then proceeded to play tug-of-war with it! The present was for Lee and it was a necklace with beads that I had picked up for her in Canton the month before, not like I could just run out and pick up another one; Scott said there were beads everywhere! So, he was already beyond pissed at them and then Timon (obviously showing is displeasure for being left alone) went in to Hunter's room, got in bed with Hunter, and peed on him! I really thought Scott was going to blow a gasket! Fortunately I was not home to witness this, but got to hear the yelling as soon as I walked through the door. So you see my need for concern about leaving them alone! Now, off of my tangent and back to this vacation! We actually managed to make it out of the door for the airport on time, a feat rarely seen in our world! I was a little worried about how Maisie would do on the plane, but she did very well! We selected seats at the very back of the plane along with every other family with kids. There was a family sitting directly in front of us with 2 kids, a boy and a girl, that I would have liked to have slapped! The little boy was fine, never heard a peep out of him, but the little girl really enjoyed shrieking in that shrill little girl tone! It was even less cute when she stood up on the seat and looked back at us to do it; every time she did it Maisie was just falling asleep and the little girl would shriek and wake her up and make her start to scream. The parents were completely oblivious to it; I guess they must be used to it so they have just tuned it out. Finally she shut up long enough for Maisie to get good and asleep, but the next thing I know I hear some god awful children's show singing coming from up there - obviously the parents have never heard of headphones either! The kids were watching Veggie Tales with the volume way up so everybody on the plane could enjoy the show! Seriously people - Hunter was sitting there all nice and quiet watching Spongebob with his headphones on have you never heard of this worthwhile invention? I looked at Scott and said I am in hell! Maisie stayed asleep until we parked at the gate and it was time to get off - thank you Maisie! I, as well as everybody on that plane, thank you! Once we got to the resort and all checked in the boys went straight for the "hippy dippy pool" while Maisie and I went and walked around. This is our 3rd time to stay at this resort and I have never made it out of the 50's section to check it all out. Now I have seen it all, and as always Disney has done it all up right - you really just can't go wrong here!

No comments: