Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Here Comes the Bride ~ Part II

Okay, okay, okay so the wedding was 2 weeks ago and I am just getting around to blogging about it ~ so sorry! I have been so incredibly busy the last 2 weeks that I haven't had a chance to sit down and do anything ~ and let me just say that Scott is less than impressed that I am currently sitting in here blogging instead of working on my business taxes! But, I bet he will get over it!

So on to the wedding! The trip over was pretty uneventful ~ the kids did really well ~ not that I was the least bit concerned about Hunter, but I was a little about the wee princess! She did very well ~ I think we blew out of here about 9:30 and drove into the plantation on 2 wheels at 5:00. It was a long drive, but like I said pretty uneventful. Friday night we had a "meet the family" dinner to attend that Wilson's family was hosting ~ it was down on the river above a tavern that is also part of Dunleith Plantation ~ we had a lovely time ~ all of Wilson's family are very nice ~ not to mention the food was FANTASTIC! We rode in carriages from the plantation down to the riverfront which was a really nice was to go ~ the carriage driver gave us a tour as we went along which made it all the better ~ I LOVE historic homes! One of these days I will get my own historic home on the Island to renovate ~ I may be 75, but one of these days!

On Saturday all of the menfolk went for a game of golf at the nicest golf course in Natchez ~ they all came back sporting stunning raccoon eyes from their sunglasses ~ we really should have suggested that they wear sunblock! The women headed off to a private home tour of Melrose ~ one of Wilson's sisters is the head of the National Parks Service so she arranged and guided this tour for us ~ VERY NICE! Then we went off for lunch and margaritas at Fat Mama's Tamales ~ home of the "knock you naked margarita" ~ now everyone who knows my history with the margarita also knows that I did not partake in the margarita consumption! Actually, the bride also did not take much part in the margaritas as she was still a little green around her bridal gills from the night before! Maisie had fallen asleep on the way from Melrose to Fat Mama's and I was not about to wake her ~ it was a lovely day and very breezy so I rolled down the windows, locked the doors, and let her sleep. Now before you start screaming child abuser let me say that we were sitting on the deck all of 5 feet from my car ~ nobody was going to get that baby unbuckled from her seat, much less out of the car before I, and everybody else there, could jump over the railing and tackle them! When I saw her start to stir I went to go get her ~ didn't bother to take my keys with me since the windows were down ~ reached through the window and unlocked the door ~ first trying with the automatic opener which wouldn't work (should have been my first tip off something was amiss), so then I just flipped the lock itself ~ well when I did the alarm started going off, the horn honking, the works! OMG! I raced back to the deck to get the keys only I couldn't immediately locate them! Once I found them and got to car to shut up I received a standing ovation from the other patrons! I figure I should receive some points back towards my "mother of the year" award since the alarm also prevented a person from stealing the baby from the car! After this we loaded up and headed off for the spa ~ Maisie went back to the plantation with my mom. I got a "desert heat" body wrap ~ I was a little concerned that I might get claustrophobic during this wrap, but it was actually very relaxing ~ I highly recommend one!

The ceremony itself was very nice ~ it was on the front porch of Dunleith ~ I think there were about 100 people who came for the weekend. Hunter, my niece, and Maisie came out of the front door hollering "the bride is coming, the bride is coming" ~ okay so Maisie didn't holler anything she just followed like a little puppy! About that time a carriage carrying Lee and my dad came around the corner and made the big circle drive up to the front where they disembarked. Some friends of Lee and Wilson's sang and spoke about them at the start of the ceremony, and then Wilson's brother-in-law actually performed the ceremony. It was short, sweet, and to the point, and the kids managed to stand still and do exactly as they were supposed to ~ hallelujah! After they said "I Do" they loaded up into the carriage with the kids and rode off into the sunset ~ okay around to the other side of the plantation, but you have to admit it was very romantic picturing it in your mind!

The reception was held inside the main house of Dunleith ~ beautiful! Again the food was FANTASTIC! When the dinner was over a large group of us gathered out in the courtyard and hung out ~ the guy who sang at the ceremony brought his guitar out and entertained while we drank beer and had a good time.

Sunday morning after another FANTASTIC breakfast at Dunleith ~ there was whipping cream in the grits, normally I wouldn't touch a grit to save my life, but I was told that I must try these and let me say these ROCKED ~ we loaded up the car and headed out for our treacherous journey back to Texas. Maisie was so wiped from her weekend that she was asleep 5 minutes out of the joint and didn't wake up until we were about 30 miles outside of Lake Charles! It was a VERY peaceful journey home!

So now it is all said and done ~ my dad has issued the "no return policy" that goes along with each one us of, and they are living happily ever after. Congratulations Lee & Wilson ~ may your new life together be one of eternal newlywed bliss!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Happily Ever After
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: