Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Devil Wears Pampers

My sweet, fabulous little mouse appears to have gotten to the stage that I had completely blocked from my mind ~ the stage that I had forgotten just how much I don't like ~ the ever dreaded "toddler" stage! Quick, run for your lives! Okay, so I am somewhat exaggerating here ~ her behavior is still far superior to Hunter's at this age ~ but it's still unpleasant none the less! And yes, the sign to the left does hang on her bedroom door. She has 2 major problems here ~ number one being that she now has an opinion about things and an all out agenda that she intends to carry out ~ number two is that she doesn't speak any English to let you in on just what her agenda or intentions might be ~ mix the two together and voila, you've got tantrums ~ grrrrrr! I now remember WHY I blocked this from my memory ~ I really should have already carried out my baby fever desires when she was still helpless and cute all of the time ~ in her current state she is putting out my baby fever flames! Scott asked if this meant he was off the hook for number 3 ~ I informed him no, as I know this is a stage that will pass ~ sucker! Now Maisie is a major drama mama ~ but one of her tantrums doesn't hold a candle to what Hunter used to pull. He was a VERY theatrical tantrum thrower ~ starting about the day he turned 1 ~ at least she held off a few months! I vividly remember him throwing himself on the floor and rolling around and kicking the wall ~ I would just walk off and ignore him ~ unfortunately as soon as he realized that he no longer had a captive audience he would get himself up and go to wherever I had gone to escape him and then throw himself on the floor and start all over again ~ kid you not. This was happening on a daily basis, probably 5-7 times a day ~ did I mention Scott was in Korea at the time for a month during all of this? This went on for 2 solid months and I was ready to kill the boy ~ so we packed up and headed off to Mexico for a week ~ the first time I had ever left him ~ needless to say he had done me in to the point that we walked into my parent's house, deposited him, and turned around and walked right back out ~ I was MORE than ready to escape him! We went to Mexico the next day and I never called to check on him the entire week we were gone ~ I was far too busy sitting at the pool bar wondering just what I had really gotten myself into? As soon as we got home I was of course THRILLED to see my boy again ~ and it was amazing ~ the sweet little boy I had know (up until his 1st birthday) was back ~ and boy I had missed him! Maisie's tantrums are nothing like this ~ she doesn't follow you around, instead she stays in the same place you left her and just screams ~ also tends to flair her little arms about too. She will stay in that same spot until she decides you aren't coming back, or something else catches her eye and then she is over it ~ now this could be a solid 30 minutes, but I figure EVENTUALLY she will realize it isn't getting her anywhere and she will knock it off ~ at least I hope this is how it is going to play out! So too bad Scott, I do recall that this is just an unpleasant stage in their little world that will pass with time ~ and in time when my sweet baby girl comes back from the devil's clutches she will be fanning my baby fever flames once again!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture from Lee's wedding ~

she looks like a little angel kneeling down to pray ~

I look forward to her return!

2 comments:

The Wrenns said...

Oh boy! You just might end up with twins next time--run for your life, Scott!

Mother of Mayhem said...

Bite your tongue woman! This is Scott's BIGGEST fear!