Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Friday, March 6, 2009

Everything But the Kitchen Sink.....I Think!


So today we are packed up and headed off to the big state of Mississippi......I refer to it as this because in the not too distant past the state only had 1 area code (601) ~ from what I hear now though, they have added a second! I find it amazing that an entire state could have only 1 area code ~ there are 3 in Houston alone! I always seem to block out the amount of garb that one must haul with them when travelling with a baby! My title says Everything But the Kitchen Sink, but I bet if you look closely you just might find it tucked away under something! It is crystal clear to me once again why exactly I drive a land yacht ~ if I didn't, we would have to strap one of the kids to the luggage rack ~ anyone else getting a National Lampoon's Vacation visual here? Our reason for jetting off this weekend is to witness my sister's nuptials ~ yes, she did just get engaged at Christmas ~ nothing like a short engagement! It's a shotgun wedding of sorts ~ only the bride isn't knocked up ~ thank god! We are actually pretty excited about our weekend getaway ~ the kids are in the wedding and there will be all kinds of fun stuff to do ~ I will be getting a "desert heat" wrap at the spa on Saturday before the ceremony ~ let's just hope I don't get all kinds of claustrophobic as soon as they wrap me up! We are also getting a private tour of one of the historic homes, and the wedding as well as where we are staying is at a beautiful plantation in Natchez. It is pilgrimage weekend, unfortunately since my children are in the wedding that means they will be in Natchez with us, so I don't get to go tour all of the beautiful homes that I would like to ~ oh well, maybe we will make it back another year to check it all out. Instead of the usual cheesy ring bearer pillow I managed to score Hunter a really cool ring bowl from a little Etsy shop called Paloma's Nest ~ the bowl is AWESOME! If you are ever looking for something of this type, or an anniversary gift, baby gift, etc. you really must check her out! She was really very nice and got me a bowl even thought the usual turnaround time is 14 days (I just ordered it on Sunday and had it by Wednesday). So thank you Caroline with Paloma's Nest ~ I know my sister will LOVE the dish! Hopefully our drive will be uneventful ~ we'll see how well Maisie fares in the car for this extended time ~ although it took us 8 1/2 or 9 hours to make it to Dallas when we evacuated for Ike and she did pretty well. Now that she gets to face forward and can see out of the windows and watch TV I figure it should be alright ~ keeping my fingers crossed though just in case! I will post pictures of my fabulous little kids in their wedding finery when we return as well as all of the wedding details for those who didn't get to attend.

No comments: