Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Party Pooper


My little boy officially turns 5 on Saturday ~ I'm still looking for where exactly the last 5 years have gone? So this is the first year, since the day he crawled out from within that is, that his birthday actually falls on a Saturday and he WAS going to get to have his party that very day ~ you notice I say WAS! There seems to be a party pooper lurking out in the Gulf of Mexico that goes by the name Ike ~ what a little bastard he is! We have decided to go ahead and cancel and reschedule Hunter's soiree since it is a pool party and we figure there is no possible way that we are going to escape the rain. Now having said that, the damn thing is probably going to completely miss Texas and head straight for our friends south of the border! But, we all know about Murphy and his law and had I chosen to do nothing about rescheduling the party it would blow straight into our backyard! I guess better safe than sorry! We have been very lucky with the weather on all of Hunter's parties ~ good thing since everyone of them have taken place in the great outdoors! We thought we were going to get rained out when he turned 3 ~ a pirate themed bash on the beach at my parent's house ~ but we were spared and it was just very cloudy ~ made for a lovely temperature though. Guess you can't win them all!

Now as long as I am on the subject of my little boy turning 5 I guess I might as well go into what I have learned in the last year about being 4. I have mentioned this before and suggested that anyone who has not lived thorough 4 pack their bags and leave the country now! I have to say that 4 has been the toughest year we have had with Hunter ~ for the bulk of it is has been just downright ugly! I've said MANY times the kid is going to be lucky if he lives to see 5! If he can mange to hold out a few more days he will actually reach that goal! Actually he has been pretty good since May ~ it's like we FINALLY turned the corner of unpleasantry and made it back to a nicer, happier place. I said before that 4 is like 2 with a mouth ~ you get not only the defiance of a 2 year old, but then you add in a sassy mouth as a bonus feature! I am already learning about what you get with a 5 year old ~ the defiance seems to have fallen off the spectrum and has been replaced with all out sass! I can definitely deal with just the sass ~ it's when you couple multiple items together that their lives are in jeopardy! I'm hoping, and I use the term loosely, that this is temporary and we aren't going to endure it for the entire year ~ never fear, I'm not holding my breath! One of his little lady friends who turned 5 in May had an almost overnight change to the Queen of Sass. At the time I thought, okay so this is what you get with little girls ~ I had mentioned to Scott the major change that had taken place in the previous compliant body of Emily and he didn't believe me ~ actually I think he told me I was exaggerating. Then he got to deal with her one day and quickly came to the same conclusion. Well then just overnight the same thing happened to Hunter (so it's not reserved just for little girls) ~ it's crazy, almost like some alien being sneaks in their room in the night and removes your child and replaces them with an impostor. I guess this is the joy of being 5 ~ just when you think you have them all figured out they go and throw you for a loop!

No comments: