Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Aftermath Part IV


Yesterday Scott sends me a text that read "And then he said let there be light" I was so excited I almost peed in my pants thinking he meant the power had come back on ~ I immediately texted him back (cell service is still very shotty, but text go through without a problem) and said "so you are going to get up early and come retrieve us right?". Not too terribly long after sending that my phone rang and he informed me not to get too excited as he was referring to generator power, not power coming from the pole ~ damn it man! I was sooooo excited thinking I was actually going to get to head home and start tackling the mountain of things waiting for me. Don't get me wrong, I am so very grateful that Cindy has taken this heard in and even given up her bedroom so the kids and I can stay in there, but I am just ready to go. Things to do! Although Cindy says we are welcome to stay until the lights are back on, I know she is secretly wishing that we would hurry up and leave so her life can get back to normal. She lives by herself with her dog normally, and now she comes home from work to another grown up, 2 kids, and 3 additional dogs! She does rather enjoy having "her bitch" here with dinner waiting upon her arrival though! Scott's friend Charlie came over yesterday and they wired the generator into the breaker box so there are truly some overhead lights working now ~ not everything in the house, certain rooms ~ he said it was every other breaker that is live, one of which is Hunter's room so that is where he has moved camp to so he can open the window AND have a fan ~ what a novel idea! So, still no electricity, and according to the map we SHOULD have it back by Monday night, but maybe "beyond Monday" ~ ugh! I am contemplating having him come retrieve us on Sunday in hopes that the lights will be back on by Monday night, but I know my luck and just as soon as I arrange that we will be without power indefinitely. I don't know what to do! The only thing I do know is that I left some baby shower invitations sitting on the desk that needed to go on the mail today ~ unfortunately I am not finished with them so it's not like Scott can take care of that for me ~ I thought about bringing them with me to finish while I was up here, but since we were so short on room I left them behind figuring I would be home by Monday at the latest ~ boy was I wrong! I was supposed to be hosting another baby shower this weekend ~ obviously that one has to be rescheduled ~ hope those babies stay within until after their soiree! Hunter's rescheduled birthday party also has to once again be rescheduled because the pools are now closed for the season ~ moving on to Plan C. There are also 10 bows waiting to be made for a lady in the neighborhood, and the list just goes on and on! I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed actually getting to just "sit" since I've been here ~ not that I don't do anything, but there is not nearly as much to do here as at my house. I'm not sure when the last time I just sat was? I would venture to say it was before Hunter was born! After Cindy gets back from work today I get to go to the grocery store ~ I'm so excited! An actual outing that doesn't involve little people! She had thought that she would just go on her way home, but then decided that I might like to go and get out of here ~ I jumped on the opportunity ~ it's my only chance for solitude at home too! My dad called yesterday just to make sure I hadn't slipped back into town ~ he calls every other day just to check my whereabouts. He informed me that I needed to keep his grandchildren away from this ~ that if Cindy got tired of me I needed to go to a hotel and if I couldn't afford one he would pay for it. Scott asked if he was going to pay for the dog's hotel too? Scott said the sewage is still bubbling up around the corner, but hasn't come into our yard yet ~ there have been pump trucks out there for 2 days and yet it still keeps on coming! Gross! He went to get the mail yesterday ~ which is close to where the sewage is bubbling up ~ and said as soon as you round the corner it slaps you in the face! How would you like to be living in that house with no electricity and needing to open the windows? I guess all of the hair would eventually burn out of your nose and you would no longer be able to smell it! Yuck!


No news on my parent's today ~ so they either killed each other ( my money is on mom commiting the murder) or there is nothing new to report. Mom said there was a crew coming in today to start removing all of the trees that fell in the yard.

No comments: