Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike


So we have all fled for higher ground ~ Scott and I had no intentions of vacating the premises until my dad called at 11:30 Wednesday night and guilt tripped me and then my mom called at 5:00 AM Thursday to really pour the guilt on! At the time Ike, the "little bastard" that we have come to know him as, was supposed to hit Freeport ~ a mere 40 miles from our lovely little abode. We weren't concerned with the surge, just the wind and all of the flying debris was all of the construction sites ~ one of the joys of living in a under construction master planned community. My parent's and brother went to Livingston and we fled further north to Dallas where there was more room ~ it took us a mere 8 hours to make the normal 4.5 hour drive. Everyone made it to their location safely where we will remain until we are able to return ~ will probably be a much sooner return for Scott and I than the rest of my family. Currently on CNN they are reporting from my parent's neighborhood ~ 3 houses down from them to be precise. They have shown their neighbors boat house and the roof is almost under water and Ike is still 165 miles out ~ high tide has yet to occur, that happens in another hour. During Hurricane Alicia the storm surge came half way up the hill and it was ONLY 8 feet ~ they are expecting a surge of 17 feet at my parent's ~ they may very well come home to a slab upon their return. God help us.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

oh gosh, shannon! we would have left, too, my husband keep saying. surely it couldn't have been as bad of an evacuation as last time! if you get sick of your family, :) email me! we're not too far away!