Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!....Come Back Next Week Though!


So I am once again spending the few days before Hunter's birthday party scrambling to find an indoor venue in which to hold it! Stupid tropical weather ~ last year it was this pesky little storm named Ike, and this year there is some tropical moisture hanging out ~ the weather people have advised that we pay attention to the weather over the next couple of days since this is the time of year that little things like this "spin up" overnight ~ oh goody! The lesson learned here is that I am DONE with outdoor parties! This is going to be his last big who rah anyway, but I am keeping this in mind for Maisie's! This years party is supposed to be a wild west theme ~ complete with mechanical bull and all ~ this wasn't my redneck idea either by the way, Hunter came up with this one all on his own! Although it is our second time to rent a mechanical bull for our own private party, not real sure what that says about us! I have ordered, yes ordered, the party favors which are on their way ~ 30 cowboy hats, 30 bandannas, and 30 cap guns (each with 864 spare caps) ~ these party favors just aren't going to have affect without the bull! The bull of course can't be set up in the rain, and it requires a 20x20 area in which to set it up ~ do you know how much it costs to rent a 20x20 tent? $235!!!! That would be $235 more dollars than I am willing to part with! When Scott gets home we are going to go peruse the 3 covered pavilions here in the neighborhood and see if possibly any of them will work ~ they all have tables in them, that I am fairly confident are bolted into the concrete so I don't know that there is an open space big enough to accommodate said bull and all 62 party guests, yes, I did just say 62! This is the first year that there wasn't a single decline of the invite ~ usually we only have 18-20 kids, but this year all 30 ~ YIKES! I fear that our best bet of a large enough pavilion is the one at the elementary school ~ guess this scenario rules out the kegerator! Notice I just said the kegerator ~ doesn't mean we will be ruling out the hooch all together, now it will just involve canned beer in coolers that we will have to act like 15 year olds hiding it in plastic cups so we don't get busted by the fuzz! Now if this pavilion things ends up not working out then I will be cancelling the bull and moving on to plan B ~ and no, I don't mean the morning after pill ~ plan B is to have the party at the skating rink ~ best option I can come up with on 3 days notice! The party times are only 30 minutes different than what the current party is scheduled for which works out well. Hunter likes to go roller skating, so that should make his party not totally ruined ~ keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Dave and Becky Mead said...

Happy Birthday, Hunter!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment, because while I was doing a Google Search for my own childrens' web show, "Hunter and Maisie's Web show" I came across your blog..... omg, I just can't believe that there is another mother with 2 kids with exactly the same names as mine.... except mine are 2 girls ages 12 and 8. Just had to comment.... WOW!!
Jennifer Sparks
Xenia, Ohio