Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

Last Monday was Hunter's first day in "real" school ~ although he has been preparing for it since he was 21 months old (he started the day after I left Target sweating one day)! He was sooooo excited to get to go to Kindergarten ~ we had been to "KinderCamp" the week before so he knew where his class was, who the teacher was, and where he sat already. Scott took the morning off so that he could be a part of this monumental event ~ Maisie wasn't sure what the hell had happened to her! Normally our mornings around here don't start until 7:30, and then she gets to sit around in her jammies until about 8:30 ~ this morning though she was jerked out of bed about 7:15, dressed, and thrown into the stroller! Scott said she probably thought the house was on fire or something! Hunter, the kids next door and their mom, and Scott all rode their bikes while Maisie and I walked ~ we took Hunter into the class (this was the only day you were allowed to walk then to class ~ what is this, boot camp?), got him all situated, and then took a couple of pictures. Hunter could have cared less that we were leaving him ~ he was just kinda looking at us like "hello? What are you people still doing here"? I didn't shed a tear, my eyes didn't even water ~ this I was very surprised by, but I guess since he wasn't having an issue with me leaving him, why should I have an issue? Maisie was a little less than impressed that she didn't get to stay and sit in those tiny little chairs next to Hunter! My mom says that before I started school, but Bryan had started, I would throw a fit every morning because I didn't get to go! We would be waiting out at the street for the bus to come while Bryan moaned that he didn't want to go and as soon as he would get on the bus mom says I would throw myself into the ditch and roll around throwing a fit ~ can you picture this, I sooooo can! I tell you it's a wonder she didn't smother me at a young age! I feel fairly confident that if humans ate their young I would not be here today! Thank you mommy! The rest of his week went just as well ~ he was so excited about going to school that one morning he was up AND dressed by 5:48 ~ this kids eyes have never cracked open before 7:30! I only had to wake him Monday and Friday morning ~ he got himself up the others and was dressed before ever coming out of his room ~ unheard of! All I can say is I hope that this enthusiasm and love of school keeps up ~ it will certainly make my life easier! He thinks that riding his bike to school is just about the coolest thing ever ~ this morning the neighbors weren't riding so I told Hunter I would drive him if he wanted and he said no way! He was going to ride his bike! Good thing we live close enough to the school for that to happen! After I had him all dropped off a few other mom's and I go together and went to lunch to celebrate our new found financial freedom of free school! Hallelujah!
Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Hunter's 1st Day
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

No comments: