Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's a What?????

One year ago I was 20 weeks pregnant and this is the day we found out Maisie was a girl - it's a what I asked? Tell me what exactly do you do with one of those? I had my suspicions that I was harboring a little girl in there because I had felt soooo bad during the first trimester - nothing like I did with Hunter. I kept telling myself though that it was a boy - I guess I thought maybe I could will it into being a boy - obviously that really didn't work out! After we left the doctors office that day we called my parents to tell them - all they both could do was laugh! My dad just thought it was hysterical that I was going to get a "little me" - ummmm hello? have you met my son? I already have "me" in a little male body - and just let me say for the record that it is no cuter on a boy than it is on a girl! My mom has always sworn that "god doesn't do it to you twice", so she said maybe I would be spared. After we hung up the phone with them there was not another word spoken of the little creature within being of the girly origin - I think for an entire week! After that I guess it had sunken in and we had come to terms with what our future held - as the pregnancy drew on I was becoming more and more excited about the thought of having my very own little girl - especially when the closet started to fill up with those cute little clothes! I guess the biggest fear I had was the fear of the unknown - I had already done a boy, I knew what to expect, a girl is a whole new ball game - and I don't do Barbie well - or so I thought! Scott says I have never been so in to pink until now - he attributes that to my Maisie. When she joined us (10 days early just like her brother) I was INSTANTLY head over heels in love! She was just like a little angel, so peaceful and prefect! I think back and feel ABSOLUTELY terrible for having ever thought that I wasn't real excited about the notion of a girl - Maisie was not easy to come by and I should have been so very thankful to be getting one, regardless of what it was. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason - I know why god gave me my Maisie and I thank him everyday for her - I could not have asked for a more perfect, beautiful little girl.

My perfect baby girl

I love this shot - it's almost like she was doing

the "Home Alone" scream!


Hunter has loved her from day 1 - thank god!

He is the perfect big brother - we'll see if that lasts!


Little girls are so much fun - you can't put a
bow on a boy!

2 comments:

Dave and Becky Mead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave and Becky Mead said...

You are going to give that child a major headache with a bow like that!!!! :)