Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Have You Donated Kibble Today?

Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Hunting He Will Go...NOT!


Have I ever told you that I hate hurricanes? I especially hate hurricanes that come to our area and knock down so many trees that you can't see far enough to have a clear shot at an unsuspecting deer, or even a deer stand to sit in! Most unfortunately the ranch where Scott hunts sustained a lot of tree damage ~ 5X more than what they got when Rita rolled in 3 years ago ~ they had just finished getting all of the trees cleared from that storm over the summer and now they get to start all over again. So it not only sucks that we have no meat left in the freezer compliments of Ike ~ fortunately there was only a few pounds of deer meat left ~ but the worst part is I don't get to live my "hunting widow" fantasy life this season! I told Scott he would still need to be travelling out to the ranch to work and earn his keep ~ and get out of my hair ~ and maybe, just maybe, they can get enough done before the end of the season to have a chance at restocking our deep freeze! I have actually had to buy beef at the grocery store since the hurricane and I must say that I am just appalled at the price ~ I have really gotten accustomed to not having to pay that! So once again I say, damn you Ike, damn you!

No comments: